Barcelona hitman Luis Suarez has revealed who he believes is the world's ultimate striker.

The former Liverpool forward has scored a gluttony of goals for every club he has played for, famously firing the Reds to within a whisker of Premier League glory back in 2014​.

Since swapping Anfield for the Nou Camp the Uruguayan now plays alongside Samba superstars Neymar and Lionel Messi but he snubbed his colleagues in favour of naming a different South American striker altogether.

Speaking to his old Liverpool teammate Jamie Carragher in an interview on the ​Mail Online Suarez said "The ultimate? Gabriel Batistuta. He was a spectacular No 9 - great at finding space, shooting from outside the box, good in the air.
Argentinian Gabriel Batistuta of al-Arab
"He always was a reference for me and I used to watch the way he played. He took free-kicks as well. I don't get to take them here but I'd copy him and watch videos of him all the time."

Since moving to La Liga Suarez has struck up a devastating relationship with Messi and Neymar which saw them score a combined 137 goals in 2015.

The 29-year-old went on to add "I swear on my children's lives I never look at the statistics or look at beating anyone's records. All I do is look to improve but not to compete against any record. I want to win trophies and score goals because that's my job as a forward.
Levante UD v FC Barcelona - La Liga

"And enjoy myself because I suffered enough to get here so just enjoy my football. I am not interested in numbers."

Up next for Suarez and co is a match against Celta Vigo on Sunday evening but their thoughts will soon turn to their upcoming last-16 Champions League clash against Arsenal on the 23rd February.